Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

Day Zero Project

What do you plan to do with the next 2-3 years of your life?

As luck would have it, I stumbled upon the Day Zero Project
website which will inspire you to ask yourself that question...


The Mission:

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with
a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks
must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount
of work on my part).


Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple
goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating
procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days
(about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because
it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is
better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas
trips or outdoor activities.


I'm quite excited at the prospect of coming up with my own
list. Ahhh, patience patience patience... At this stage in my life,
getting an "out of bed pass" is temptingly on the top of my list.


I love lists... There have been so many that I can't
recall them all...

This is my ode to the humble list...

0 comments:

Post a Comment