Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 3, 2009

How was the first half of YOUR 2009?

It is now July 2009. How was the first half of YOUR year? By now, your
New Year's Resolutions are most likely nowhere to be found. But since half
a year has gone by, you might have some regrets that you did not do this or
you did not do that.

Have no fear! I just found a great solution from Rookie Moms. It's called
the Did-Do List:

"If you’re getting sick of your “to do” list getting longer and not shorter
and wondering where the heck is all your time going, try writing a
“did do” list..."


If you're thinking along the lines of "What's the point of making a Did-do
List? AND/OR I don't need a poor excuse for not getting things done."
Then, you are missing the point. The Did-do list is a conscious pause. It is
a celebration of what one has accomplished thus far. But mostly, it is an
opportunity to reflect, assess and strategize for the second half of the year.

My Did-Do List:
1. "Survived" a miscarriage
2. Rebonded my hair
3. Moved house
4. Got pregnant again
5. Updated my blog
6. Set up our common file system
7. Updated the family budget
8. Helped organize a talk on Entrepreneurship
9. Attended the Bo Sanchez Lenten Retreat
10. Invited friends over at our place (household)
11. Completed a 3k run
12. Helped organize the Singles Engagement Retreat
13. Finished my 101 things in 1001 days list
14. Finished my bed rest for the current pregnancy
15. FINALLY got our camera back!


I love lists... There have been so many that I can't
recall them all...

This is my ode to the humble list...

0 comments:

Post a Comment