Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Good news!


After many months of waiting, I finally have good news! Hubby and I are now expecting our first baby!

Oh my, my first time time pregnancy is turning into an interesting experience...

I really thought I had my period! But I had this sinking feeling that things were not “normal”. I then decided to give a friend a call... Upon her advice, I got a pregnancy kit test --- I was pregnant! A succeeding trip to the doctor then landed me in a phenomenon called “bed rest”.

Bed rest is just that BED REST. No standing, no sitting, no doing nothing. It's quite challenging as I'm used to moving around. Thankfully, I now live in a day and age where everything is just a phone call or email away. I still work, somewhat, except I do so in the confines of my bedroom.

Apparently, one can only do so much work lying down! I have spent the rest of the time reading books ~~~

You see, Hubby and I do not have a TV nor an internet connection in the flat ~ and that's another story in itself. But we do have a good number of books and cooking magazines in our reading nook. In fact, these books and magazines are now sprawled all over the mattress. Hubby is quite surprised at the mess I have managed to create :D No big deal, it will all get fixed once I'm allowed to leave the bed, hahaha!

I have also tried to increase my prayer time. Lately, I've just been too busy to have an honest to goodness prayer time. Quite common really. And yet one must ask oneself, “If God gave me more time, would I use the extra time in prayer?” Now here I am, at a point in my life where God is giving me more ME time. I know this too is AN INVITATION to make my time more HIS time.

Hmmm, I've been told that this is supposed to be a nice relaxing time for me --- Ahhhhhhh, I can't wait for the doctor to give me an “out of bed pass”! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment