Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

The long and short of bed rest...

A lot of people have asked, what exactly does one do while
on bed rest? To the clueless, bed rest does sound like a
legitimate word for slacking off. But that's one thing it definitely
isn't.

Most days, I surf the net, watch t.v., read and pray... On bad
days, I just lie down. I literally have to pace myself for fear that
too much activity will affect the baby. Eat then lie down, shower
then lie down, you get the picture. And the days just come and go...

But I can't complain... This baby is a blessing! God's blessing to
hubby and I... You see, I have friends who're attempting to get
pregnant... I have friends who've had miscarriages... I have friends
who've spent a fortune on fertility treatments that have yet to be
met with success... This pregnancy may medically be “over
budget” but that's okay... So long as our baby is happy and healthy!

So, if you have a friend who's glum because they too are on bed
rest, tell her to hang in there! This too shall pass!

Happy 2009 to all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment