Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

101 Things to Do in 1001 Days

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the Day Zero Project. Back then, it was
"something nice to do". Nothing I needed to take seriously. Boy, did I change
my mind when I got around to making my list.

I have been on bed rest for about a month now. Today is my first official
"normal day". However, my ob-gyn has advised me to take things easy.
The last thing we'd want is for me to end up doing bed rest again. After
six months, H and I are expecting the arrival of the baby.

I have to emphasize now that this is our first baby. As such, we have to
prepare everything from scratch. We will have to clear out tons of our own
stuff to make room for the baby. We will have to buy the baby's things. And
of course, we will have to learn how to have a baby-friendly life.

All these we have to accomplish before the six months. As I see it, I need
to get most of the baby preparation part done by November. Otherwise, we
will be overwhelmed by the Christmas activities we usually attend.

Some realizations:
- Some ideas were inspirations I got from others. I hope my list will inspire
others as well.
- I left a just in case portion. I don't know what life will be like in the next
six months. I think I deserve an allowance hehehe...
- I have to finish H and my "first year together" scrapbooks/albums. I'm sure
these will take a back seat to the baby projects. Better to get them done now
while I still have the time.
- Cooking is something I really do. In fact, I tend to "make a career" out of
it. Sooo, I consciously want to follow the weekly menu instead of doing something
creative or different.
- How I wish I had a decent oven. Then I could have listed some baking projects.
- Traveling is something H and I enjoy doing together. However, I had to put
less of this. I highly doubt we will be traveling much while the baby is this
young.
- I always had the baby in mind. Some activities will have to wait until the baby
is older. I guess that's part and parcel of being a parent.

My 101 List

Start date: August 1, 2009
End date: April 28, 2012

Solo flight
1. Fix my personal files
2. Fix our common files
3. Make the directory
4. Finish the birthday list
5. Get rid of clothes I no longer wear
6. Make an emergency kit
7. Read 5 classics (0/5)
8. Learn Morse Code
9. Brush up on Philippine History
10. Practice Mandarin 30minutes daily for 1 month straight (0/31)
11. Watch 30 TED talks (0/30)
12. Take a class
13. Master 5 skills from 75 Things Every Woman should Master (0/5)
14. Have a reunion with the old gang
15. Have someone else cut/style my hair
16. Have a "fabulous" day - mani + pedi + outfit
17. Wear a "look for less" outfit
18. Wear a dress
19. Buy new clothes (post-pregnancy)
20. Sleep by 11:30pm for 7days straight (0/7)
21. Be aware of and have good posture for 3 weeks straight (0/21)
22. Do a 5K
23. Do a 10K
24. Make a will
25. Do Assignment 51 of Learning to Love You More
26. Write a letter to myself to be opened in 1 year
27. Write a letter to myself to be opened in 5 years

H and I
1. Do an annual review of our goals
2. Learn a new language (French?? or Spanish??)
3. Experience the Manila Bay Sunset
4. Repair the wedding ring
5. Buy a jumper cable
6. Take a first aid course
7. Finish Verdana1 GK Project
8. Finish Verdana2 GK Project
9. Give away the good stuff we dont use/dont have space for
10. Have a fantastic all white theme for the bed (think Martha Stewart)

Artsy Fartsy
1. Wedding Scrapbook
2. Honeymoon Scrapbook
3. Hong Kong Scrapbook
4. Make 10 homemade gifts (0/10)
5. Read the camera manual
6. Do 5 projects from Keri Smith's 100 ideas (0/5)
7. Do 1 A Day in the Life project
8. Do 1 Q & A : The Photographic Interview project
9. Take head shots/portraits of family members
10. Do a photo series on the color red
11. Make a 2010 Christmas Journal
(inspired by Ali Edwards and Molly Irwin)
12. Document 09/09/09, 10/10/10, 11/11/11 (0/3)
13. Calendar Project
14. Make a collage
15. Make a beautiful floral arrangement
16. Make 30 entries in my food blog (0/30)
17. Dress up for Halloween
18. Do 1 sewing project for myself

Yummy
1. Faithfully follow a 1 week menu (0/7)
2. Faithfully follow a 2 week menu (0/14)
3. Make a bento meal
4. Make an okonomiyaki
5. Make a scallion pancake aka cong you bing
6. Make bread from scratch
7. Make pizza from scratch
8. Make sangria
9. Make a gingerbread house
10. Make bread pudding
11. Make a romantic meal for H
12. Buy Kulinarya and make something
13. Make a fantastic Filipino meal
14. Make a fantastic Filipino dessert/merienda
15. Make a soft copy of my recipe notebooks (important recipes only)
16. Try 10 new desserts (0/10)
17. Try 10 new tea flavors (0/10)
19. Try 10 new ice cream flavors (0/10)
20. Try 10 new coffee blends (0/10)

Moolah
1. Discuss with H our year end financial report
2. Read 5 new finance books (0/5)
3. Complete Jomar's Internet assignments
4. Get an online project/work
5. Finish 1 ebook

Our Baby
1. Do a 365 Project (0/365)
2. Do a The Year I was Born project
3. Teach baby "Baby Signs"
4. Get baby at least 10 Dr. Seuss / Berenstain Bears books (0/10)
5. Make reading flashcards for baby
6. Make something wearable for baby
7. Make something edible for baby's 1st birthday

I heart God
1. Read the bible from cover to cover
2. Go on a retreat
3. Pray the Rosary for 30 days straight (0/30)
4. Distribute 1000 copies of religious booklets/prayers/etc (0/1000)
5. Forgive
6. Let go
7. Have a thanksgiving mass and party for THE answered prayer

Where in the world is...
1. Hong Kong
2. Singapore
3. *Secret*
4. Beach
5. Food trip

Just in case
1. TBD
2. TBD
3. TBD

Wish me luck!


I love lists... There have been so many that I can't
recall them all...

This is my ode to the humble list...

1 comments:

jetpaiso said...

this is sooooo coool! will try to do the same =) thank for the inspiration. keep blogging =)

Post a Comment